Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What am I missing?

Day 12, or a couple days later for this procrastinator asked: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

This is a hard one for me as a new military wife, away from the friends, family and places I've grown accustom to.  What do I miss you ask?  LOTS of stuff.  I’m thankful and excited about this new experience but there are so many things I miss.  This little topic could very well piggy back on my "Cordovaisms" post you can read about here.




Driving… yep, just driving for more than 30mi on real roads.  Cordova's favorite slogan is "NO ROAD", no seriously.  You can't drive in or out of this little town.  Claustrophobia anyone?

Eating out- or having more than 4 places to choose from... oh but in the summer it grows to 10!  You want $27 fish and chips, pizza or over priced everything??  We've got it!  *trumpet* wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shopping.  Boom.

Meeting my friends for lunch... you would be surprised how busy those 4-10 restaurants are.

“Getting away” without it costing an arm and a leg.  You want to leave this slice of heaven?  It'll cost ya- like $488 for a 30min flight to some semblance of civilization.  Insert my father in law's phrase "That's the price you pay to live in Paradise"...

Seattle.  Period.

Driving to the vet, not flying to the vet- my fur baby has had a couple incidents these past two years.  Let's just say she tried to eat her weight in chocolate and apparently that's frowned upon when you're a pug.  Why did I have that much chocolate?  Christmas, stop with your judging eyes!

Movie openings.  Twilight. Yes I'm a freak. Killed. me. to. wait.

My last job- this is semi lame and sentimental but I loved loan processing! Serious capitol L-O-V-E-D my office, loved my work and most of all my amazing boss lady who I still call friend and who may also be another version of myself.  Insert no career path and a tiny town with few opportunities and you've got job envy.

SUN.  Need I say more?

Friends/Family- last but certainly not least.  These people are ALWAYS on my mind.  I've made some amazeballs friends and new family up here but there is a special siren call that pulls me back to the good 'ol PNW.  I'm not ashamed to say I sneak away every time we have an extra million dollars for the plan ticket lying around... priorities people. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment