Hidey Ho Neighbors!
As that fluffy white stuff starts to make an appearance in the Last Frontier, the meals get heartier and the people get sleepier. The lack of vitamin D around here has some interesting consequences including but not limited to: hibernation, looking like a Cullen, drinking err maybe that's just me, game nights and copious amounts of comfort food.
I, like any good seasonally depressed sun lover, lack some serious motivation during this time of the year. I'm perfectly fine scrounging for food but my inner Martha Stewart won't have it. Enter, the crock pot. My crock pot and I are tighter than the spanx I tried to put on this morning. I can always count on this amazing apparatus to have my back and a warm delicious meal ready when the rumblies in my tumbly start knock, knock, knocking on my door.
I give you the amazing, the seriously easy and completely mouth watering:
- 4-5lb beef roast
- 1 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
- Extra salt, pepper and garlic to season roast
- Season your roast with salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small bowl whisk together beef broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, red pepper flakes and garlic. -Taste it, anything going on something you're cooking, you should want to drink!
- Place beef roast in crock pot. Top with carrots and potatoes. Pour liquid mixture over the beef, carrots and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
And because two nights of not cooking is always better than one, save the juice, add some swiss and a hoagie for french dip! Voila!
Another recipe from semi-homemade with Annalee
Until next time...