Monday, November 4, 2013

The winds of change

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and I am starting to see a trend: people are having a hard time blogging.  Some people are taking breaks, others are talking about it, but the general consensus is the same.  I can completely sympathize with this feeling as I had it for a while and am even still a little baffeled about that I'm going to write each day.  I feel like blogging goes through seasons just like the weather.  Sometimes it's all roses around here with bright sunlit rooms full of happy little bloggers and their amazing photography.  Other times, it's a gloomy fall day right before the snow hits, where you just want to drink something hot, cuddle on the couch and watch your favorite movie alone.

I get it, heck I'm there!  However, it does make me a little sad.  I've grown to realize that even as a sometimes silent reader (creepy, kinda!), I look forward to reading these blog posts.  I've grown acustom to looking into their lives and pretending that we're friends- even if they don't know it and it makes me a little sad.  My only word of advice (from a baby blogger, I know I should shut it but it's part of my charm) is to take the break you want and probably need.  Dont make any rash moves like severing our imaginary friendship, but take the time you need.  I'm sure once those (r)ed cups start showing up, the snow starts falling and Christmas music can be heard for miles around by those sweet sweet little Who voices, that you'll snap out of your blunk.  Yes blogging+ funk= blunk.

I really think that blogging is changing the person I'm becoming and I see it in the blogs I read as well.  I'm pretty sure this is not a phenomenon.  I'm pretty sure this happens across the board.  Maybe, whilst I pretend I'm in Carrie B's apartment thinking up quirky articles to write about my awesome dating stories and clever analogies my little brain is making new pathways of creativity for my awesomeness to flow through.  Maybe, just maybe, I'm changing too.  But like any good brand, to withstand the winds of change you too must change your space, your voice and your thoughts to ensure that you don't blow out like the latest tween idol.  Figure it out, take your time and create a new space for the new you.  Go down that rabbit hole and discover some new roses but watch out for the Queen- I hear she can be a real B.

Until then, I will happily carry the torch and entertain you with my mindless babbling, seriously chef like recipes and hilarious commentary of a comedian gone wrong.  In other words, I got your back Boo.  You do you.  Did I mention one of my all time favorite songs was Baby Got Back, yeah, there's that.  I'll see you soon for our imaginary date of drinking coffee, talking about boys/husbands and awesome people watching.  Did you seeeee her outfit- yeah, so last year

Until next time...


6 comments:

  1. I have so many of the same feelings. Let's skype coffee soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... I know what you mean about silently (creepily) reading blogs - sometimes I have nothing to say and don't comment, but I still feel like I'm their BFF ;) I like your term "blunk"... makes total sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it weird how close you feel to some of these people you've never met? I'd like to think I've got friends all over the world now! :)

      Delete