I am not a huge fan of yams unless they are covered in brown sugar, butter and marshmallows! Can I get a witness?! This, like all of my recipes, it very good and very easy! My FIL (father-in-law) and I are the only real yam lovers in the house, so this year I decided to make smaller, individual servings! Plus- any excuse to use my super cute ramekins and I'm in!!
Brown Sugar & Marshmallow Yams
Jet Puffed Marshmallows
1. Peel & Cut Yams into 1/2in or smaller cubes. Boil in salted water until you can easily put a fork through them, about 10 min. Drain.
2. Place yams in a bowl with 2-3 tbs butter and mash until creamy.
3. In ramekin, layer yam/sliver of butter/brown sugar twice and top with marshmallows. Try to make sure no yams are poking out. You may have to get a bit physical with them :) Sprinkle w/brown sugar.
4. Bake @ 350 until marshmallows are a bit melted and golden brown.
5. Let cool a smidge, yes that's a technical term, and serve!
You can also find this on Not Just a Housewife's and Bizzy Bakes blog!
Until next time...