Friday, June 21, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Ginger Salmon


I LOove to cook!  Luckily living here in Alaska I have one of my favorite foods at my disposal- seafood!  When I start to cook I start with a recipe, however, I rarely follow it to a "T".  I cook by taste and feel so if you ever have my cooking, you'll notice a little something special. 

Today's recipe is a Cordova specialty... Salmon!  We currently live in the mecca of Salmon lovers everywhere!  Where we live the Copper River Salmon, the Kobe beef of Salmon, roam FREE!  I never knew how different salmon was until I moved up here.  Honestly I always thought my, then boyfriend, now husband was just being snobby picky.  Well, I am here as a true convert and salmon snob!  YUM!  Ok... tonight's recipe:

First I start with a delicious Copper River Salmon fillet,de-boned, caught by my father-in-law (you can get yours from a store if you have to)

Lather with marinade for a while- sorry we didn't time it, 15-30 min? (see below) and grill!


Tell me this doesn't look good... um, you're lying.  stop it. leave now.



And the Piece de resistance....


Sweet and Spicy Ginger Salmon
2 tbs Honey
1/2 tbs Cayenne Pepper
2 tbs Plum Sauce (can sub Hoisin)
1/2 tbs Soy Sauce
1/2 tbs `Fresh Ginger- grated

**Like I said earlier, I eyeball and keep adding/mixing until it tastes BOMB.COM!!**

Stir, marinate and save some to baste/drizzle!

1/2 tbs Soy Sauce 1/2 tbs `Fresh Ginger- grated **Like I said earlier, I eyeball and keep adding/mixing until it tastes BOMB.COM!!** Stir, marinate and save some to baste/drizzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment