Friday, June 21, 2013

Just keep swimming...

So there's this thing, it's called running.  Well, he and I have a love/hate relationship!  In other words I love the idea of him and hate the actual act.  However, I have made a promise to myself to start this exercise phenomena and so I endure.  You see, running has been there taunting me with images of a bikini ready body, less chubby cheeks and some serious love of new clothes but my body is still having trouble letting go. 

Over the past two weeks I've had shin splints!  Before you call me a wuss and tell me to power through the pain, let me give you a visual.  Have you ever seen Zombieland?  You know, the movie with Woody Harrelson and Emma Stone (seriously awesome chick)!  Well shin splints are a lot like that movie.  I'm running, running, swimming, running along my merry way and WHAP- knife to the shins- like they want me for dinner knife attack.  I realize that Emma Stone would never want to eat me for dinner but she may feed me to the sharks, she's an animal lover after all.


To combat this shark biting, knife throwing attack on my shins I have done it all.  I bought brand new Flash Gordon like shoes they totally make me faster. I have made my stride shorter than a littler person, too far? and I have iced them like a cold brewski on a warm day.  They're getting a little better but it has been super annoying.  Ever walked down your stairs backwards because you thought it was fun?  Me too...  now do that for a week and a half sucker!

The moral of this story is that if you want something bad enough you just keep swimming.  I want to see my bikini clad bod almost as much as I want to get this oven ready to cook a bun!  Both goals are where I want to be!

So the next time you think you have to stop because of a zombie or shark attack remind your self this:


Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. You are TOO CUTE! Love this! And, yes, shin splints SUCK. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding Nemo! I've never had shin splints but I have heard they suck and you're actually not suppose to run with them. It prolongs healing. :) Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete