This is a great make ahead recipe for those on the go work mornings! My husband is in the Coast Guard and well, I'm always late so these are perfect for us! They are also cute enough for brunch. I altered the original recipe which you can find here, for a more healthy alternative.
Well, it's a little hard to say, because you could add any ingredients under the sun to these. But basically, I allowed about 1/4 egg substitute per cup.
- egg beaters (original, southwest-the world is your oyster!)
- grated cheese (again, you pick!)
- diced onions
- a couple of green onions
- ham slices, a little thick
- sliced, fresh mushrooms
- diced red/green peppers
- Chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions1. Saute all of your veggies and set aside.
2. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and line with the ham.
3. Add cheese to the bottom of the "ham cups"
4. Add a small amount of veggies and then pour on egg beaters to middle of cup.
5. Sprinkle with green onion.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min or until eggs are set!
You can also add just about anything to make them your own! Experiment away!
Bon Appetit! This recipe is Semi Homemade with Annalee.