This recipe is seriously to die for! The very healthy spinach with creamy cheese wrapped in a puff pastry crust- can we please make babies now? No judging, it's that good! I didn't do my amazing step by step this time because this recipe is SO simple. This is a great recipe to have in the fridge ready to go or you can even dress it up for a dinner party! It's sure to be a crowd pleaser- and don't forget how many veggies you could hide in here if you needed to!
Are you trying to eat your computer screen yet? STOP!
Here's MY recipe:
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed
- 2 oz. chive fat free cream cheese softened
- 2 packages frozen spinach thawed and well drained
- 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (more to taste)
- 3/4 cup part skim/low fat shredded mozzarella cheese (more to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Unfold sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface (or nice baking sheet)
3. You can literally throw all the of the finished ingredients in a bowl, stir and then put them on one side the puff pastry an 1/2 inch away from all edges.
4. Fold over the half of the puff pastry that doesn’t have the ingredients on it and seal the edges nice and tight!
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet and back at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes of until top is nice and golden brown. (Note: You could lightly brush some beaten egg over the top of the dough prior to baking for a nicer and crisper golden top. I choose not to)
6. Cut into slices and enjoy!
I simplified the recipe, so it's Semi Homemade with Annalee!
Click here for the original recipe.