Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkin Filled Weekends| Part One

My amazing Husband, and favorite pumpkin enabler, took me to my first Bay Area pumpkin patch two weekends ago!  After scouring the internet we decided on one that looked pretty authentic.  We were in for a surprise.

Clayton Farms is about an hour from where we live in Northern California.  The drive was great but we were getting a little suspicious when kept driving through residential areas.  We popped out of our last neighborhood following Siri's awesome directions and made the last 3 miles of what could *almost* be described as farmland.  I think the drought may have had something to do with it but while we thought we were driving up to pick our own pumpkin from a patch... we were actually just picking out our pumpkin from groups.  Kind of a let-down, but we still made it fun!
Silly faces are mandatory!

Of course we took this opportunity to take a pic of our little pumpkin!

Train rides and hay tunnels for the littles!

This is one of the main reasons I wanted to come here, the pumpkin treats!  The treats mentioned on the website made my mouth water!  Unfortunately... the pumpkin whoopie pie, and pumpkin cookie looked more amazing than they tasted.  Tiny violins are playing everywhere for me!


Of course D needed a gigantic pumpkin.


All in all, this Cali pumpkin patch was ok.  It was nothing compared to the seriously high expectations we had from our Washington pumpkin patches, but it was still fun.  I think if we had kids in tow and it wasn't 100 degrees it may have been a bit more exciting.  We did, however, come home with 4 cute pumpkins which I can't wait to place outside!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment