Thursday, October 2, 2014

21/22/23 Weeks!

Hidey-Ho Blogland!  I know it's been a bit since my last post but well, I've been making a human.  I win.  I've learned that that one sentence is like the trump card to pretty much anything!  It's pretty interesting!  I will say that this last week was the first time I have blatantly used the belly to get me something.  Hold on to your hats- it was a cup of water!  I know right?  Total scammer right here!


A lot has happened since we last spoke!  I turned the big 3-1 first of all!  I thought that when I turned 31 I would completely feel ancient, would have gray hair ALL over and be completely over the hill.  Well, I'm happy to say aside from the gray hair (which I've had since I was 21) I don't feel any different.  Pregnant, but other than that, no different.  30 seems to be the new 20's, just with more amenities!  My birthday was celebrated in style and I had an amazing day.  D cleaned the entire house, took me to a seriously decadent breakfast at a little french bistro and got me a massage!  I felt like a QUEEN!  Seriously, I'm a lucky lady!  Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you how excited I am to be back in a place where I can collect my weight in birthday rewards!  Score, score, score!


My stellar hubby also scored us some free PBR tickets!  D, myself and another fabulous couple headed out for a night of bulls and cowboy butts that did not disappoint!  I thought I would be the only nerd excited, and a little nostalgic for home, but I was wrong!  Both boys were super stoked at the huge beasts!  I don't think I've seen D that excited since our last time at a Hawks game at Quest field!  Yes, I know it's CenturyLink now but it will always be Quest to me!  Also- random thought but oh so relevant to my pregnant world, the food at the Oracle colosseum was fantastic!  I'm talking great nachos and an AH-mazing pretzel w/cheese.  Have no fear, these were a splurge, not my regular diet!  I am very thankful that I couldn't drink though, the beers were $13 a piece for the cheap stuff!  No thank you!

Now let's get to the real reason you came: to see my ever expanding belly!!

How far along? 23 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: 2lbs as of now, which brings me right back to pre-prego weight!  Here's hoping it stays that way :)
Baby is the size of ? A Grapefruit!
Maternity clothes? Not really.  It's almost time though because things are getting dangerously short!  Oh wait- if I weren't dying of heat stroke I could wear super cute leggings!!  Come on cool weather!
Stretch marks? I regret to inform you that I have developed a few new tiger stripes.  I am not happy about it and will not feel appreciative of this momento- other than the fact that I know my little girl is now enjoying an olympic sized swimming pool!  You better be an Olympian little girl!  Make Mamma proud!
Sleep: Pretty good, with the exception of my dreams.  Yikes.  They've gotten better over the past week or so, but they are scary and intense and no bueno.  What cruel luck that when you should be dreaming of lollipops and rainbows you're dreaming of bad, bad, scary shiz.  Touché miracle of life.
Best moment this week: On Monday I felt a seriously unmistakable KICK!  There is seriously a baby in there, no going back now!  Not that she wasn't real before but you know...
Miss Anything? Not really.
Movement: Yep!  We have a bonefied mover and shaker people!
Food cravings: Apples, cheese and last night was Oreo Cake.  Nothing that I will die if I don't have, well the cake was touch and go there for a minute, but still I've got Georgia cake on my mind!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think I have turned a corner on this one!  I ate ground beef the other night and was ok.  I didn't go back for seconds but I didn't hurl either!  Small victories!
Exercise? Not as much as I should be doing... working is pooping me out!
Gender:  ??  Girl, Girl, GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Typical symptoms aren't there, but still tired.  I have good days and bad with random aches and pains.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, but I have had a couple of prego swings.  Those are not fun!
Looking forward to: Starting to register and buying baby stuff!  


Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. So excited for your ever expanding belly and totally jealous of your PBR tickets! Mas wanted to ride sheep at our local rode next year so we will see how this rodeo thing goes for us. O and....... when I was preggo... I totally used the human making excuse for EVERYTHING. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I'm pretty sure as the belly expands, it will become a regular occurrence! I want to see little man ride a sheep!!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy to read about all those. It's pretty cool that you did not deprive yourself of those amenities. You do deserve to take that break. Massage really equals to relaxation. Thanks for sharing that adventure! All the best to you!

    Ervin Willis @ Main Street Massage Therapy

    ReplyDelete