Tuesday, October 14, 2014

24 Weeks

As D and I were walking in to the Dr's office on Monday I said "Can you believe I'm 6 months pregnant" to which he replied "No you're not, holy crap you are!".  Keepin' it classy folks.  But, it dawned on me that this pregnancy has kind of flown by and I have less than 4 months until we meet our sweet baby girl!  Crazy?  Yes.  Mind blown?  Yes.  Prepared?  No.  Freaking out?  Absolutely!!  While we did jump on the wagon and *almost* finish our registries this past week, we have not done a darn thing about the nursery yet!  Well, I shouldn't say that.  I have picked out colors and bought a couple things, but not much.  The panic is starting to sink in.


How far along? 24 weeks, 7 days
Total weight gain: 3lbs
Baby is the size of ? A Cantalope!
Maternity clothes? I finally gave in and bought some maternity items.  While they are comfortable, they're not flattering and I'm trying to come to terms with them.  Hopefully I'll find some cute stuff and make them my own!
Stretch marks? Why yes, yes I do.
Sleep: Starting to elude me.  It's like after the 6mo turn things start to really change...  not a fan!
Best moment this week: Last week D was able to feel the little lady move, brought tears to my eyes!  This week, she's rockin and rolling!  We just had our "20" weeks ultrasound, don't ask, and it was amazing to see her.  I'm so excited to meet her!
Miss Anything? My energy
Movement: Yeppers, kicks and punches galore!
Food cravings: Anything I can't have.  We have been eating a lot of chicken lately?
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really
Exercise? Not as much as I should be doing... working is pooping me out!
Gender:  ??  Girl, Girl, GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: I have good days and bad with random aches and pains.  Hello round ligament pain.  Google it.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, but I'm getting a lot more self-conscious of my body and how I look in clothes.  I know there's a baby in there but it sure would be nice to feel pretty while making a human!
Looking forward to: Finishing our registries and buying baby stuff!  




Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats again! I can't wait to "meet" her! If you think time goes by fast now just wait until she gets here. I cant believe my baby is 3 months old now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! I just want to meet her now! Your little man is growing so much!!

      Delete
  2. I think you look beautiful. Maternity clothes are tough. They are a MUST HAVE but not a want to have!! I remember holding off wearing them as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have to keep reminding myself, it's not about the "label", it's about the comfort! ha!

      Delete