Friday, September 20, 2013

Comfort Food!

Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort.

 When I think of comfort, I think of food.  Hey, I'm a fat kid at heart and always will be!  Im going to share my latest reformed fat kid recipe as of late!  I've been on the "D" word lately- yes, that's diet.  These little gems are delicious, spicy and not to sinful but very tastey!  These are my take on the traditional armadillo egg!  

This recipe is SO simple and fast!  Who says "fast food" has to come from a corn feed mass produced feed lot in a delicious blanket of a Big Mac?? Not me...  I prefer to know where my food comes from, and plus- I'm a great cook!

Mix together onion, ground turkey, S&P, Garlic and other seasonings you would normally put in your "burger".  Divide into 4 equal parts.


Cut the top off of a freshly washed jalapeno and remove seeds.  Stuff it like a Thanksgiving turkey with your favorite cheese!  I used low fat mozzarella.  

Put 1/4 of the meat in your hand and flatten slightly, then place jalapeno in the middle and wrap meat around.  OOhhhh get messy!  Try to shape like an egg and makes sure none of the jalapeno or cheese is hanging out, it'll ruin the surprise!

Grill on a lightly sprayed sheet of tin foil for about 20min or until the meat is cooked.  Enjoy and watch the cheese ooze out... so. delicious.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you had me worried when you said armadillo eggs, but these look yummy and there's nothing better than jalapenos and cheese! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete