Thursday, December 19, 2013

Frank Friday + Photography Friday Link Up!

Well folks, I made it.  It's officially Christmas break for me and I'm looking at two amazing weeks of family, food and the best step-daughters in the whole world!!!   I cannot tell you how excited I am for the break and not having to work and frankly, I need it.  If you have been paying attention to my instagram you've noticed a bajillion pictures of my coffee cups with some kind of "poor me, I'm sick" caption.  I'm looking forward to kicking this 3 MONTH illness (I kid you not) out the door, hopefully to ring in a new year of health! 
This was me yesterday... No fun!!

I'd be lying if I said I didn't let my sickness slow me down, because that freight train wasn't stoppin' for nobody! *said in a southern accent I do not have* It has taken me about two weeks longer than I wanted to decorate my house and really feel like it's ready for the girls or for Christmas period.  You better believe these decorations will stay up past Christmas and I don't want to hear anything about it!  haha  I've been wanting to post pics of the house finished, so what better way than a Photography Friday?

For the first time I jumped out of my glittery silver & red Christmas and ventured into the world of shabby/chic burlap, gold and red Christmas that I have been drooling over for years.  I figured that being in the Alaskan wilderness gave me at least some excuse to try something new...I mean we go out into the wilderness and cut down our own freaking tree for crying out loud.  Correction, D goes out and cuts it down.  I went one year, picked a tree in a crazy hard spot and have been banned from going every since.  Either way, we get the best looking Charlie Brown tree that will fit in our house!  Side note, these are the most aggressive and well protected trees I have ever come into contact with.  They have razor sharp needles that will shoot out at you and stab your soul!  Ouch! 

I decided that shabby chic meant I had to DIY a lot, so throughout the house there are handmade pinterest wins and epic fails.  Let's see how good my camera skills can be to hide the fails?!   

Here's how I decked the halls this year! 














There ya go!  Those are just a few shots of the casa!  Hope you like it and got some inspiration!!  More on the Pinterest wins and epic fails later!!

Until next time...













4 comments:

  1. Your house looks fantastic!!! I hope you're finally feeling better soon during your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying and this relaxing is really helping!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Can you come decorate my house? Your house always looks Pinterest perfect... mine? Pinterest fail. Womp womp womp.

    I hope you feel better, and know that I'm seriously jealous of your igloo... Can I come stay the night? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes!! Hello, my name is Annalee and I'm a Pinterest addict. hahaha I can't help it!!

      Delete