This year, instead of setting myself up for failure with my unrealistic expectations of growing 5 inches and losing 90% of my body fat I'm going to do things a little differently. This year I will make goals. Not all of these are weight loss/get fit goals but some of them are. You'll notice that I started this little journey back in May and it's an ongoing battle. I start talking about it here and dove a little into my hate/hate relationship with running, here!
I have a lot of goals for 2014 but truthfully the one I'm working on most is getting fit and losing weight to see if that will effect the baby making progress. Oh, you have to actually see your husband to make a baby? What? Well... I'll do what I can while he's gone on yet another pleasure cruise with the Coast Guard- yeah right!
I started an Advocare challenge last month and am about halfway through. **sidenote, I don't actually have trouble staying on the challenge (except for Cheerleading trips away), it's what happens AFTER I get off the challenge when I'm feeling all skinny and invincible. ... soooo not immune to calories, damn!** Anywho! I'm tracking my weight and inches. So far I'm doing great! With the San Francisco move in the very, very near future I'm a little more motivated. All of a sudden the thought of not being able to hide behind my super cute sweaters and unlimited supply of dress/leggings/cardigan outfits is scaring the beegeesus out of me! Nothing like the thought of public ridicule to light a fire under you! Plus- If I'm going to be in this fabulous new city, I want to feel/look fabulous!
Now to the goals:
- Study/Practice my Spanish more to get back up to speed!
- Become a credit card debt free household- we're actually doing really well here!!
- Get a bun in the oven
- Lose 30lbs before June (already down almost 10!)
- Travel to a foreign country that is not Mexico.
- Figure out if I'm going back to school for my Masters or get a job I WANT to do.
- Grow my blog.
- Beef up my camera skills
- Learn how to use/master Photoshop or another editing tool
Those are my big goals for 2014! For my fitness goals I have set up this timeline...
- Between Jan 1- Feb 28 lose 15lbs and inches (with a vaca in there, this could be dicey!)
- Between March 1- March 31 lose 5lbs and get down one "dress" size and start exercising
- Between April 1- April 30 lose 5lbs and more inches and exercise consistently
- Between May 1- May 30 lose the last 5lbs and work on keeping it off!!
Are any of you working on a similar goal? What are the things you want to accomplish in 2014? Any great advice??
Until next time...