Monday, February 10, 2014

Healthy Chipotle Arroz con Pollo

During the Advocare Challenge I've had to get really creative about the food I eat.  Getting bored is one of the biggest reasons for falling off the wagon and ain't nobody got time for that!  I've been using the Advocare recipes and making my own recipes to fit in the healthy eating plan.  I love cooking so this has been a fun adventure... oh, and Pinterest helps!  This is a relatively quick meal for those on the go!


Healthy Chipotle Arroz con Pollo (Chipotle Chicken and Rice!)

1 lb of chicken breasts- sliced thinly
1 large yellow onion- slices
1 carton mushrooms- quartered
2-3 canned chipotle peppers
1/2 avocado- cubed
1 bunch green onions- washed/cut up
1 bunch cilantro- washed/cut up
1/4 lime
1 can black beans
1 package instant brown rice (or cook the real thing if you have time!)
less than 1tsp healthy oil (sunflower, coconut, evoo.. you pick!)

Cook the chicken, mushrooms and onions (w/oil) in pan until done.  I seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, a little fajita seasoning and cayenne pepper.

Heat beans and rice according to package directions.  When rice is done cooking, mix with cilantro and squeeze lime while still hot.  

Time to assemble.  Depending on if you like your food touching, you can mix all of your portions on the plate and have a hey day.  For me, I portioned everything out like soo...


... and then mixed it all together!  Keep your salt handy to balance out the acidity from the limes and blandness from the beans :)

Check me out @Not Just a Housewife's blog for her fabulous link up!


Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. That looks so tasty and I like how quick it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is very quick and delicious. It definitely went in the line up :)

      Delete